JUNIOR FISHING DERBY
The 2017 Junior Fishing Derby will be held on June 23rd, & 24th at the Vergennes Falls Basin, with an awards ceremony on June 25th at the American Legion! Plans are under way to make this event a fun, safe, free event for kids ages 3-15. The T-Shirt color this year is maroon! If you would to be a sponsor, volunteer, or be involved, please email Martha at email@example.com. Registration form below.
Junior Fishing Derby 2017
Bring your bait and tackle down to the Vergennes Falls Basin on the weekend of June 23-24 for this year’s Junior Fishing Derby.
The Vergennes Junior Fishing Derby is a 2-day event packed with learning activities, boat rides, music, food and -- of course -- lots of fishing. It is sponsored by the City of Vergennes, and it is free for kids ages 3-15.
The 2017 Derby will take place Friday, June 23 through Saturday, June 24 at the Vergennes Falls Basin.
● FRIDAY: Fishing from 5 a.m.-9 p.m. Karaoke dance party from 6:30-8 p.m.
● SATURDAY: Fishing from 5 a.m-9 p.m., plus educational activities such as Lure Taping, a Let’s Go Fishing Seminar, boat rides and fishing on a Cloud Nine Charters fishing boat. There will be a free barbecue at 1 p.m., sponsored by the Lions Club of Vergennes, and local band Twist of Fate will play music from 8-9 p.m.
● SUNDAY: An awards ceremony and ice cream party will be held at the Vergennes American Legion, 100 Armory Lane, at 1:30 p.m.
● ONGOING: Special prizes and giveaways at the Basin. George from Big River Bait and Tackle will be able to take care of all of your angling needs.
Due to the cost of keeping the Derby free and safe for all participants, camping is no longer allowed during the Derby. A Vergennes City Ordinance closes both sides of the Basin at sunset, and that ordinance will be strictly enforced. Anyone caught on the premises after hours will be disqualified from the Derby. As an alternative, camping sites are available at Button Bay State Park 802-475-2377, River’s Edge Campground and Cottages 802-475-2700, or Hillcrest Campground and Cottages 802-475-2343.
● Contact Martha DeGraaf at 802-877-9986, or firstname.lastname@example.org
● Complete a preregistration form at Shear Cuts, located at 171 Main Street, Vergennes
● Download and complete a preregistration form here: Fishing Derby Registration Form 2017. Send the completed form to Martha DeGraaf (119 West Main St., Vergennes, VT 05491) or bring it to Shear Cuts, located at 171 Main Street, Vergennes.
For more information, contact Martha DeGraaf at 802-877-9986, or email@example.com.